The Covid-19 pandemic has caused us all to think differently about how we run our groups, and made it necessary for us to look at the bigger picture. Creating a strategic plan will not only help you currently as your group moves out of lockdown, but also provide a solid framework for dealing with the day-to-day details of running things smoothly and efficiently tomorrow, next week and into the future.
In this session, we’ll talk about the practicalities of strategic planning and what you should consider in order to ensure your group is able to function smoothly in the ‘new normal’. We’ll also create smaller breakout rooms so that you can share your experiences, and pick up top tips on strategic planning from other groups.
We'll talk about:
- The importance of having a (written) strategic plan
- Getting your members involved
- Creating a ‘big picture’
- Making your plans
- Putting your plan into action
- Anything else that arises on the topic!
There will be an opportunity to ask questions via the chat function during the event.
There will be a short break during the event.
Who this event is for:
Anyone is welcome to attend this event, but it will be especially useful for committee members of leisure-time music groups.
As our events are in high demand, we are requesting that only person per group books to attend, to allow as many different groups as possible to benefit.
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
We will be using Zoom to host the meeting, and will send you full instructions the day before the event on how to join.
Places are limited, so reserve yours now.
Please read the event information below before reserving your place.
Registration for this event closes at 12.30pm on Tuesday 12 October.
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (slides will be sent out in advance)
- This event includes participant-led discussion
- Questions will be taken via the chat function at this event
- Breakout rooms will be used at this event
- Automated closed captions (subtitles) will be available at this event. If you require live captioning, please contact us to request this
Expected event schedule:
- 1.45pm: we will start admitting people to the event
- 2.00pm: welcome and how we will use the Zoom features during the event
- 2.05pm: updates from Making Music
- 2.15pm: event topic
- 3.00pm approx: short break
- 3.10pm: event continues
- 4.00pm: finish
Timings may vary on the day.
We may decide to record this event, either for publishing on our website, or so that we can review it internally.
- We will announce at the beginning of the event if a recording is being made and what it will be used for
- We will usually record in speaker view, meaning only people who speak will be recorded
- If you speak, your image and voice will be captured in the recording
- Attendee names as displayed in a Zoom meeting will not be captured in the recording
- If you do not want your image to be captured, you may turn off your camera during the event. However, please be aware that if you do, your name will be displayed in place of your image, unless you have uploaded an image to your profile in Zoom
- Breakout rooms will not normally be recorded
- Your comments in the chat box will not form part of the recording
By booking a place and attending this event, you consent to being recorded in this way.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.