Gift Aid is a hot topic for music groups, as it can boost your group’s income. But it’s important to know and understand what you can and can’t claim Gift Aid on, and what information you need to provide in order to submit your claim.
In this event, we’ll help you to understand which funds are eligible for Gift Aid, explain the ins and outs of using the HMRC online system to submit your claim, and answer your burning questions.
We’ll talk about:
- Who is eligible to claim Gift Aid?
- What can you claim Gift Aid on?
- Why subs are counted as donations
- Understanding personal benefit and how it applies
- Gift Aid declarations and GDPR
- Completing the claim
- The small donations scheme
- Anything else that comes up on this topic!
There will be an opportunity to ask questions via the chat function during the event.
Who this event is for:
Anyone is welcome to attend this event, but it will be most relevant to the person who manages your group’s Gift Aid claims.
As our events are in high demand, we are requesting that only one person per group books to attend, to allow as many different groups as possible to benefit.
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
We will be using Zoom to host the meeting, and will send the joining link by email one hour before the event is due to start.
Places are limited, so reserve yours now.
Please read the event information below before reserving your place.
Registration for this event closes at 8am on Saturday 8 October.
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (slides will be sent out in advance)
- Questions will be taken via the chat function at this event
- Automated closed captions (subtitles) will be available at this event. If you require live captioning, please contact us to request this
Expected event schedule:
- 10.00am: welcome and how we will use the Zoom features during the event
- 10.05am: updates from Making Music
- 10.10am: event topic
- 11.00am approx: short break
- 11.10am: event continues
- 12.00pm: finish
Timings may vary on the day.
We may decide to record this event, either for publishing on our website, or so that we can review it internally.
- We will announce at the beginning of the event if a recording is being made and what it will be used for
- We will usually record in speaker view, meaning only people who speak will be recorded
- If you speak, your image and voice will be captured in the recording
- Attendee names as displayed in a Zoom meeting will not be captured in the recording
- If you do not want your image to be captured, you may turn off your camera during the event. However, please be aware that if you do, your name will be displayed in place of your image, unless you have uploaded an image to your profile in Zoom
- Breakout rooms will not normally be recorded
- Your comments in the chat box will not form part of the recording
By booking a place and attending this event, you consent to being recorded in this way.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.