Social media can be a great tool not only for communicating with your existing members and contacts, but reaching out further to gain new followers and supporters, recruiting new members, promoting events and showing the public what your group is all about.
Whether you want help with getting started on social media, or have been using it for some time and are looking for more tips on how to get the most out of it, we are running a series of three events focusing individually on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to help you get to grips with the possibilities of each platform.
In this session, we’ll be focusing specifically on Instagram. During the event, we’ll divide into two groups:
- Beginner level – for those who are new to Instagram or who want to learn the basics
- Experienced level – for those already using Instagram, and who want to take their knowledge to the next level
In each group, there will be a chance to talk to other members at the same level as yourself and find out what successes and issues they have had on Instagram, and ask questions of them and Making Music staff about using Instagram.
Who should attend this event?
Anyone is welcome to attend this event, but it will be particularly useful to marketing, publicity and social media officers of leisure-time music groups.
As our events are in high demand, we are requesting that only person per group books to attend, to allow as many different groups as possible to benefit.
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
We will be using Zoom to host the meeting, and will send you full instructions the day before the event on how to join.
Places are limited, so reserve yours now.
Please read the event information below before reserving your place.
- This event will be mainly discussion-focused
- Questions will be taken via the chat function at this event
- Breakout rooms will be used at this event
- Automated closed captions (subtitles) will be available at this event. If you require live captioning, please contact us to request this
Expected event schedule:
- 3.45pm: we will start admitting people to the event
- 4pm: welcome and how we will use the Zoom features during the event
- 4.05pm: updates from Making Music
- 4.15pm: event topic - divide into breakout rooms for more focused discussions
- 5.15pm: breakout rooms end, final questions, plenary and goodbyes
- 5.30pm: finish
Timings may vary on the day.
We may decide to record this event, either for publishing on our website, or so that we can review it internally.
- We will announce at the beginning of the event if a recording is being made and what it will be used for
- We will usually record in speaker view, meaning only people who speak will be recorded
- If you speak, your image and voice will be captured in the recording
- Attendee names as displayed in a Zoom meeting will not be captured in the recording
- If you do not want your image to be captured, you may turn off your camera during the event. However, please be aware that if you do, your name will be displayed in place of your image, unless you have uploaded an image to your profile in Zoom
- Breakout rooms will not normally be recorded
- Your comments in the chat box will not form part of the recording
By booking a place and attending this event, you consent to being recorded in this way.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.