The topic we receive the most queries about is PRS. What is PRS, how do you pay it and just why is it so complicated?
In this session, we’ll clear up some of the mysteries and help you to understand how, when and where you need to make your PRS payments.
Who should attend this event?
Anyone is welcome to come to this event, but it will be particularly relevant to anyone who looks after your group’s finances, liaise with venues, selects repertoire or manages copyright.
We’ll talk about:
- The definition of copyright
- When a PRS fee is payable
- How to find out if your venue has a PRS licence
- The different types of licence and what they cover
- How to make your payment
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Hear from other leisure-time music groups about their experiences
- Meet other groups like yours over refreshments
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This venue has step free access
- This venue is fully wheelchair accessible
- This venue has an accessible toilet
- This venue has a hearing loop available (please request)
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
We aim to make our events as inclusive as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.