This event is now fully booked, but there are still places available for the same event running on Tuesday 8 June.
The topic we receive the most queries about is PRS. What is PRS, how do you pay it and just why is it so complicated?
In this session, we’ll clear up some of the mysteries and help you to understand how, when and where you need to make your PRS payments, and what you need to consider when sharing sheet music and broadcasting performances online.
We'll talk about:
- The definition of copyright
- When a PRS fee is payable and how to make your payment
- The different types of licence and what they cover
- Sharing music online
- Photocopying sheet music and sharing it electronically
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
There will be an opportunity to ask questions via the chat function during the event.
There will be a short break during the event.
Who this event is for:
Anyone is welcome to attend this event, but it will be especially useful for anyone in your group who looks after your photocopying, PRS licensing or PRS payments.
As our events are in high demand, we are requesting that only person per group books to attend, to allow as many different groups as possible to benefit.
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
We will be using Zoom to host the meeting, and will send you full instructions the day before the event on how to join.
Places are limited, so reserve yours now.
Please read the event information below before reserving your place.
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (slides will be sent out in advance)
- Questions will be taken via the chat function at this event
- Closed captions (subtitles) will be available at this event
We may decide to record this event, either for publishing on our website, or so that we can review it internally.
- We will announce at the beginning of the event if a recording is being made and what it will be used for
- We will usually record in speaker view, meaning only people who speak will be recorded
- If you speak, your image and voice will be captured in the recording
- Attendee names as displayed in a Zoom meeting will not be captured in the recording
- If you do not want your image to be captured, you may turn off your camera during the event. However, please be aware that if you do, your name will be displayed in place of your image, unless you have uploaded an image to your profile in Zoom
- Breakout rooms will not normally be recorded
- Your comments in the chat box will not form part of the recording
By booking a place and attending this event, you consent to being recorded in this way.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.