It's the perfect time of year to start thinking about recruiting new members for the spring term.
Come along and find out more about the research we’ve done into engaging with younger people, and how you can use this to help your group reach them, as well as people of all ages.
Who should attend this event?
Anyone is welcome to come to this event, but it will be particularly relevant to anyone who looks after your group’s marketing, recruitment, website or social media, or who looks after welcoming new members when they've first joined.
We'll talk about:
- A summary of the research by Xenia Davis (Youth Engagement Manager) on what motivates under 35 year olds to make music
- Our recommendations of actions you can take within your group to reach out to and recruit more people (of all ages!)
- How you can retain new members in your group once they've joined
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Hear from other leisure-time music groups about their experiences
- Meet other groups like yours over refreshments
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This venue has step free access
- This venue is fully wheelchair accessible
- This venue has an accessible toilet
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
- This event will be mainly discussion-focused
- This event includes participant-led discussion
We aim to make our events as inclusive as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.