This event is in two parts:
- 10.30am-12.45pm: session on growing your membership - giving you resources, tips and advice on how to reach, recruit and keep new members for your group
- 1.15pm-3.30pm: Making Music Council meeting - giving you the chance to tell us how we're doing and which of your challenges you would most like us to help with, and a chance to have your say on our direction of travel and future plans
Members are invited to attend both parts, with lunch provided in between.
Who should attend this event?
Anyone is welcome to attend this event, but it will be particularly relevant to your committee members, or to anyone who looks after your group's marketing, recruitment, website or social media.
Morning session: Growing your membership
Many groups have told us that they want to be able to recruit more members, and in particular, to engage better with younger people. Thanks to a legacy left to us by Pauline Thompson, we’ve been able to develop a bank of ideas that can help!
Come along and find out more about the research we’ve done, and how you can use it to help your group reach more people of all ages.
We'll talk about:
- A summary of the research by Xenia Davis (Youth Engagement Manager) on what motivates under 35 year olds to make music
- Our recommendations of actions you can take within your group to reach out to and recruit more people (of all ages!)
- How you can retain new members in your group once they've joined
- Anything else that arises on the topic!
Afternoon session: Making Music Council
The Making Music Council gives you a chance to have your say on Making Music’s direction of travel. We want to hear your views and ideas about Making Music in general, and provide an opportunity for you to represent the needs of your music group, helping us to ensure we are delivering the right services and opportunities for you.
Agenda for the 2019 meetings
• Specific topics to be announced soon
• Bring your own questions – your time to raise anything not covered already.
Venue and event information:
- This venue is fully accessible
- This event will be mainly discussion-focused
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.