Now that we are all online more than ever before, an online presence is a vital part of your marketing strategy, and could be a key method of engaging with your members and supporters - but how can you make the most of the various platforms available to you?
In this discussion-focused session, you’ll have the opportunity to hear how other groups are maintaining their presence online, discuss in breakout rooms your issues and top tips, and ask questions of the Making Music team.
We'll talk about:
- Getting the most out of social media
- Building and maintaining your website
- Creating online performances
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
There will be a short break during the event.
Who this event is for:
Anyone is welcome to attend this event, but it will be especially useful for anyone who looks after marketing, social media or concert promotion for your group.
As our events are in high demand, we are requesting that only person per group books to attend, to allow as many different groups as possible to benefit.
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
We will be using Zoom to host the meeting, and will send you full instructions the day before the event on how to join.
Places are limited, so reserve yours now.
Please read the event information below before reserving your place.
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (slides will be sent out in advance)
- This event will be mainly discussion-focused
- This event includes participant-led discussion
- Questions will be taken via the chat function at this event
- Breakout rooms will be used at this event
- Closed captions (subtitles) will be available at this event
Expected event schedule:
- 10.00am: welcome and how we will use the Zoom features during the event
- 10.05am: updates from Making Music
- 10.15am: event topic
- 11.00am approx: short break
- 11.10am: event continues
- 12.00pm: finish
Timings may vary on the day.
We may decide to record this event, either for publishing on our website, or so that we can review it internally.
- We will announce at the beginning of the event if a recording is being made and what it will be used for
- We will usually record in speaker view, meaning only people who speak will be recorded
- If you speak, your image and voice will be captured in the recording
- Attendee names as displayed in a Zoom meeting will not be captured in the recording
- If you do not want your image to be captured, you may turn off your camera during the event. However, please be aware that if you do, your name will be displayed in place of your image, unless you have uploaded an image to your profile in Zoom
- Breakout rooms will not normally be recorded
- Your comments in the chat box will not form part of the recording
By booking a place and attending this event, you consent to being recorded in this way.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.