The Making Music Council gives you a chance to have your say on Making Music’s direction of travel. We want to hear your views and ideas about Making Music in general, and provide an opportunity for you to represent the needs of your music group, helping us to ensure we are delivering the right services and opportunities for you.
Who should attend this event?
This event is for your Making Music Group Representative (MM Group Rep). All MM Group Reps have a place on the Making Music Council and are therefore automatically invited to its meetings. If you are unable to attend, you can nominate another person from your group to attend in your place - please contact us to let us know you will be doing this.
Council meetings are usually held in June/July each year in a number of locations throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. All meetings are attended by at least one member of the Making Music staff and Board of Trustees. Lunch and tea/coffee are provided during the meetings.
In the autumn we give feedback on how the meetings have fed into our plans, by sharing our report on the council meetings online.
Agenda for the 2019 meetings
- A review of the services we offer and their value to you
- An update on our campaigning activity, followed by an in depth discussion on musical education, and social prescribing
- Bring your own topics for discussion – your time to raise anything not covered already
Venue and event information:
- This venue has step free access via a lift
- Accessible toilets are available
- This event will be mainly discussion-focused
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.