Join us for the latest in our series of guest speaker events, featuring key people from arts-related organisations in the UK sharing their insights into a variety of topics relevant to Making Music member groups.
With more variants of Covid-19 emerging, and our understanding of how we can protect ourselves from transmission growing with new research, music groups are constantly having to revise their way of working to keep in line with government guidelines.
Back by popular demand, Professor Jackie Cassell, public health specialist from the Brighton and Sussex Medical School and amateur violinist and choir singer, will discuss the latest medical evidence around Covid-19, and answer your questions on what this means for leisure-time music groups now and in the coming 12 months.
Topics anticipated to be covered include:
- How and when might the pandemic end?
- What is the science on new variants?
- Face coverings, ventilation, hygiene, social distancing, lateral flow tests – what's the most important?
- Covid status certification/’vaccine passports’
We will be using Zoom to host the event, and will send you full instructions the evening before on how to join the event.
Places are limited, so reserve yours now.
- Questions will be taken via the chat function at this event
- Automated closed captions (subtitles) will be available at this event
We may decide to record this event, either for publishing on our website, or so that we can review it internally.
- We will announce at the beginning of the event if a recording is being made and what it will be used for
- We will usually record in speaker view, meaning only people who speak will be recorded
- If you speak, your image and voice will be captured in the recording
- Attendee names as displayed in a Zoom meeting will not be captured in the recording
- If you do not want your image to be captured, you may turn off your camera during the event. However, please be aware that if you do, your name will be displayed in place of your image, unless you have uploaded an image to your profile in Zoom
- Breakout rooms will not normally be recorded
- Your comments in the chat box will not form part of the recording
By booking a place and attending this event, you consent to being recorded in this way.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.