NORVIS is an annual full week-long early music summer school in County Durham which we’re proud to describe as one of the UK’s longest-established and friendliest early music summer schools.
‘Sympathetic and informative teaching’
‘Very good variety – always something I wanted to do’
‘Good fun, great atmosphere, very good repertoire’
‘Went beyond expectations’
- If you love playing early music, a week at NORVIS will enable you make progress
- We teach and perform with recorders, viols, lutes, baroque strings, harpsichord and voices, and cover a wide range of repertoire from early renaissance to late baroque.
- We have an impressive line-up of specialist performers and teachers.
- We have a particularly generous student-tutor ratio, with around seventy students and thirteen wonderful tutors.
- We give a number of bursaries to enable individuals to attend NORVIS who would be otherwise unable to do so.
NORVIS 50 will be our Golden Jubilee summer school, the first at our new venue of Barnard Castle School.