As lockdown restrictions are gradually lifted across the UK, we know that music groups still have questions and concerns about the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on their activities. With guidance regularly changing and groups needing to consider new ways of working, we think it’s more important than ever for us to help our members get in touch with each other, to share learning and ideas and to support one other.
Each month this term we will be hosting an online discussion event for chairs and MM Group Reps of music groups. The aim is to connect groups with Making Music and each other, and discuss how the pandemic is affecting us all. If your group's chair or MM group rep can't make it, another member of your group is very welcome to attend in their place, but we ask that only one person per group registers for each session.
These meetups will take place at 10am on the first Friday of each month, when we’ll:
- give a short update to everyone on the pandemic’s impact on member groups and what Making Music is doing to help
- create smaller discussion groups where you can talk to each other about your current concerns and issues
- bring everyone back together again at the end for a summary of our discussions
- Getting back to in-person rehearsals
- Running your group online: rehearsals, meetings and socials
- General discussion: for topics not covered in other breakout rooms
You will be asked to indicate your preferred breakout room when you register for the event.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.