We know that music groups have been looking to digital solutions to provide ways of working and performing together, especially as it becomes clear that in-person rehearsals may look different initially (and not be able to have everyone attend), and public events may be some way off yet.
To help those who run our member groups explore the opportunities and challenges of being creative in a digital environment, we’ll be hosting an online discussion event on Friday 3 July at 10am, when we’ll:
- give a short update to everyone on the pandemic’s impact on member groups and what Making Music is doing to help
- facilitate a discussion group where you can share your knowledge, expertise, and concerns about working with digital solutions
During the session, there will be an opportunity to take part in one of our themed discussion groups:
- Livestreaming rehearsals (to members at home) and performances (to audiences)
- Creating a lockdown recording and encouraging members to participate
- Keeping your group's admin running digitally - committee meetings, socials and helping members to keep in touch
Due to limited availability for this event, we ask that only one person per group registers for the session.
We will be using Zoom to host the meetup, which is an online meeting platform, and will send you full instructions on how to join in advance.
Places are limited, so reserve yours now.
We aim to make our events as inclusive as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.