Our annual presentation concert by the winners of the Philip and Dorothy Green Award for Young Artists (PDGYA) is a brilliant chance to see some of our best young musical talent perform live. The 2018 winners are:
- Lewis Banks (saxophone)
- Emma Halnan (flute)
- Catriona Hewitson (soprano) - not performing at the concert.
- Toby Hughes (double bass)
- Alexandra Lomeiko (violin)
- Ugnius Pauliukonis (piano).
Remember that all the winners are available to Making Music members to book at subsidised prices - so why not come along for a preview and think about who you might want to work with.
Join us before the concert for a drink and stay afterwards for a top-up, some nibbles and to chat to the artists.
The Making Music AGM will take place shortly before the concert. Anyone is welcome to attend but only MM Reps can vote. You are welcome to skip the AGM and attend the concert only.
It's a free concert - but to help us manage the bookings please book your place in advance.
6.30pm – Doors open and drinks reception
6.45pm – Making Music AGM
7.15pm – Concert starts
8.45pm – Drinks, nibbles and meet the artists
9.30pm – Event closes
- Train: the nearest underground station is Holborn (Central and Piccadilly lines), it is a 5 minute walk to the venue.
- Bus: routes 98, 19, 38, 55 and 243 all stop very close to the venue and there are many more that stop within a short walk of the venue.
- Car: there is some street parking available but spaces can be limited. We recommend travel by public transport where possible.
- More details can be found on the venue website and the Transport for London website can help plan your journey too – the venue post code is WC1R 4RL