Due to high demand, this event is fully booked. You can join the waiting list for this event by using the 'book now' button below, or alternatively please book for the same event on one of these alternative dates:
As groups start to consider how they can put on performances whilst adhering to guidance on social distancing, the process of planning a performance now involves extra thought. In this session, we’ll take a look at the process of risk assessment, and discuss some of the new measures and processes you may need to consider implementing to make your events as safe for your performers, volunteers and audiences as possible.
Who is this event for?
Anyone is welcome to come to this event, but it will be particularly relevant to anyone who looks after your group’s event management, stage management, venue liaison, refreshments or box office.
We’ll talk about:
- Working with your venue to plan your event
- Carrying out a risk assessment
- Managing the event on the day
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Hear from other leisure-time music groups about their experiences
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
- This event includes participant-led discussion
Expected event schedule:
- 10am: event begins, introduction and updates from Making Music
- 10.15am: presentation of main event topic
- 11.00am: comfort break
- 11.10am: presentation continues
- 12pm: event finishes
Please note that timings may vary slightly according to the needs of the group on the day.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.