From performing at gala days to connecting with the Make Music Day international festival, getting out of the concert hall and into public spaces can be a real boost to your group and members. In this session we'll talk about the opportunities available, how to get the most benefit for your group and common challenges to overcome.
Who should attend this event?
Anyone is welcome to come to this event, but it will be particularly relevant to anyone who looks after your group’s event management, marketing or programming.
We'll talk about:
- Local, national and international opportunities including Make Music Day and Get Creative
- The creative challenge of performing in the public realm
- The practicalities of licensing, insurance and health and safety
- Using events to raise your profile and recruit new members/audiences
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Hear from other leisure-time music groups about their experiences
- Meet other groups like yours over refreshments
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This venue has step free access
- This venue has an accessible toilet
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
- This event includes participant-led discussion
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.