Many of our vocal and instrumental groups have told us that they struggle to recruit new members. In this session, you can find out about the research we’ve done on recruitment, how you can use it to help your group reach more people of all ages, and share your issues and experiences with other groups from across the UK.
We'll talk about:
- A summary of our research on what motivates under 35-year-olds to make music
- Our recommendations for your group to reach out to and recruit more people (of all ages!)
- Welcoming new members and helping them to feel included in rehearsals
- Planning social activities to help keep all your members engaged
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
There will also be an opportunity for you to talk to attendees from other member groups in a breakout room session.
There will be a short break during the event.
Who this event is for:
This event is aimed at members of vocal and instrumental groups that perform music. Anyone is welcome to come to this event, but it will be particularly relevant to anyone who looks after your group’s marketing, recruitment, website or social media.
As our events are in high demand, we are requesting that only one person per group books to attend, to allow as many different groups as possible to benefit.
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
We will be using Zoom to host the meeting, and will send you full instructions the day before the event on how to join.
Places are limited, so reserve yours now.
Please read the event information below before reserving your place.
Registration for this event closes at 12.30pm on Friday 29 October.
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (slides will be sent out in advance)
- This event includes participant-led discussion
- Questions will be taken via the chat function at this event
- Breakout rooms will be used at this event
- Automated closed captions (subtitles) will be available at this event. If you require live captioning, please contact us to request this
Expected event schedule:
- 9.45am: we will start admitting people to the event
- 10.00am: welcome and how we will use the Zoom features during the event
- 10.05am: updates from Making Music
- 10.15am: event topic
- 11.00am approx: short break
- 11.10am: event continues
- 12.00pm: finish
Timings may vary on the day.
We may decide to record this event, either for publishing on our website, or so that we can review it internally.
- We will announce at the beginning of the event if a recording is being made and what it will be used for
- We will usually record in speaker view, meaning only people who speak will be recorded
- If you speak, your image and voice will be captured in the recording
- Attendee names as displayed in a Zoom meeting will not be captured in the recording
- If you do not want your image to be captured, you may turn off your camera during the event. However, please be aware that if you do, your name will be displayed in place of your image, unless you have uploaded an image to your profile in Zoom
- Breakout rooms will not normally be recorded
- Your comments in the chat box will not form part of the recording
By booking a place and attending this event, you consent to being recorded in this way.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.