Being chair of your group can be a rewarding experience, as well as a time-consuming and frustrating one! In this event specifically for chairs of leisure-time music groups, we’ll look at how to approach the role and how to shape it to suit you, your committee and your group.
Who should attend this event?
This event is aimed at existing chairs or chairs-in-waiting of leisure-time music groups.
In our discussion-focused session, we’ll talk about:
• The legal status of the role
• Different styles of leadership
• Supporting and developing the strategy of your group
• Fostering constructive relationships
• Supporting decision-making
• Anything else that arises on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Meet other groups like yours over refreshments
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This venue has step free access
- An accessible toilet is available
- This event will be mainly discussion-focused
- This event includes a short powerpoint presentation
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.