Being Chair of your group can be a rewarding experience, as well as a time-consuming and frustrating one! The challenges faced by groups as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic have made being an effective chair more essential than ever. In this event, we’ll provide an opportunity for chairs of leisure-time music groups to talk to one another, share their issues and experiences, and pick up some top tips from other chairs for how to approach the role and shape it to suit themselves and their group.
Who is this event for?
This event is for existing chairs or chairs-in-waiting of leisure-time music groups.
As our events are in high demand, we are requesting that only person per group books to attend, to allow as many different groups as possible to benefit.
In our discussion-focused session, we’ll talk about:
- The legal status of the role
- Different styles of leadership
- Supporting and developing the strategy of your group
- Fostering constructive relationships
- Supporting decision-making
- Dealing with conflicts
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Hear from other leisure-time music groups about their experiences
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet the Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
- This event includes participant-led discussion
- This event will have closed captioning / subtitles available
Expected event schedule:
- 10am: event opens, introduction and event protocols
- 10.10am: updates from Making Music
- 10.20am: event presentation
- 12pm: event finishes
There will be a short comfort break in the middle of the event. Please note that timings may vary slightly according to the needs of the group on the day.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.