Being Chair of your group can be a rewarding experience, as well as a time-consuming and frustrating one! In this event specifically for chairs of leisure-time music groups, we’ll look at how to approach the role and how to shape it to suit you, your committee and your group.
Who should attend this event?
This event is for existing chairs or chairs-in-waiting of leisure-time music groups.
In our discussion-focused session, we’ll talk about:
• The legal status of the role
• Different styles of leadership
• Supporting and developing the strategy of your group
• Fostering constructive relationships
• Supporting decision-making
• Anything else that comes up on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Hear from chairs of other leisure-time music groups about their experiences
- Meet chairs from other groups and share your experiences with them over refreshments
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This venue is fully wheelchair accessible
- This venue has an accessible toilet
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
- This event includes participant-led discussion
We aim to make our events as inclusive as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.