Your committee is an important part of keeping your group up and running. As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, committees are dealing with constant change and an uncertain future, so ensuring that your committee are able to work together and make good decisions as a team is more important than ever.
In this session, we’ll talk about the practicalities of succession planning and what you should consider in order to ensure your group is able to function smoothly in times of uncertainty, or during a period of transition.
Who is this event for?
Anyone is welcome to come to this event, but it will be particularly relevant to chairs and committee members of leisure-time music groups.
As our events are in high demand, we are requesting that only person per group books to attend, to allow as many different groups as possible to benefit.
We'll talk about:
- The importance of having a (written) succession plan
- Planning for smooth transitions
- Planning for emergency cover
- Keeping the confidence of your membership during times of transition
- Anything else that arises on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Hear from other leisure-time music groups about their experiences
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet the Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
- This event includes participant-led discussion
- This event will have closed captioning / subtitles available
Expected event schedule:
- 10am: event opens, introduction and event protocols
- 10.10am: updates from Making Music
- 10.20am: event presentation
- 12pm: event finishes
There will be a short comfort break in the middle of the event. Please note that timings may vary slightly according to the needs of the group on the day.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.