To provide professional standard piano accompaniment at all term time Monday evening rehearsals of Harlow Chorus under the leadership of the Music Director. The role may also include accompanying the chorus (on piano or organ) at some concerts, workshops or other pre-aranged events.
· Attend all term time Monday evening rehearsals (+ occasional extra rehearsals on Wednesday/Thursday evenings and workshop days or other pre-arranged events) and accompany the chorus as requested by the Music Director.
· The provision of accompaniment or keyboard parts at some concerts and occasional events.
· Promote the good name and reputation of Harlow Chorus.
· It would be an advantage to have experience of taking rehearsals (eg in the absence of the Musical Director) and occasional sectionals.
· A skilled pianist and/or organist; a sensitive accompanist with good sight-reading and score-reading skills, willing to prepare each work(s) in advance, and a strong empathy toward choral rehearsal technique and confidence building for singers
· Fluent in reading short score and open score, SATB.
· Able to work well as part of a team, being willing to collaborate with the Music Director & Committee, and providing support to the choir.
· Have good social skills and a willingness to interact with choir members.
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2018
Interviews will be held in February 2018
Accompanist auditions for chosen candidates will be during choir rehearsals at the end of February / beginning of March 2018
Ideally the Accompanist will commence work on 9th April.
To apply, please send your CV (with 2 references) and a covering letter by email or post to:
Vicky Calver, Committee Secretary.
Post: 75 Guilfords, Harlow, Essex. CM17 0HX