Stowmarket Chorale, an auditioned SATB choir of some 35 voices, seeks a dynamic new Director of Music. We are a friendly and ambitious choir, with a range of ages and experience. Founded in 1901, we have a long heritage of performing major choral works in Suffolk, sometimes alongside professional orchestras and soloists.
We rehearse on Wednesday evenings at Chilton Community Primary School, Stowmarket between September and July, supported by an accompanist. We perform three concerts per year in a range of venues.The new Director would commence work with the choir from September 2018.
We seek a Director who has:
- Choral and orchestral training;
- Experience of conducting choirs and directing orchestras (although recently-qualified candidates will also be considered);
- Enthusiasm and vision for revitalising a choir who love to sing;
- A broad knowledge of choral music;
- A sense of humour and a passion for making our choir the best it can be;
- Is a good communicator, able to work encouragingly with a mixed-ability choir; and
- Is preferably a singer themselves.
The position will be remunerated at a competitive rate.
For further details please contact Mary Payne on email@example.com or 07901 758009.
Application deadline: Friday 26th January 2018.