As part of the Get Playing initiative this summer we partnered with BBC Radio 3's In Tune and Breakfast shows to provide opportunities for instrumental member groups to have their recordings played on air.
We had a great response and after some tough judging the BBC have chosen the 10 pieces to be broadcast (see below). Congratulations to those who were chosen and thanks to all those groups who submitted entries. It's great to see members representing the breadth and depth of amateur music across the country, so we'll keep working on providing more opportunities like these for groups to be heard by a national audience.
To be broadcast on BBC Radio 3 Breakfast
- Monday 1 Aug - Birmingham Symphonic Winds
- Tuesday 2 Aug - Ealing Symphony Orchestra
- Wednesday 3 Aug - Opal Flutes
- Thursday 4 Aug - Nottingham Symphonic Winds
- Friday 5 Aug - City of Southampton Orchestra
To be broadcast on BBC Radio 3 In Tune
- Monday 1 Aug - London Mandolin Ensemble
- Tuesday 2 Aug - CoMA London Ensemble
- Wednesday 3 Aug - St Denys’ Handbell Ringers
- Thursday 4 Aug - South Berks Concert Band
- Friday 5 Aug - Charnwood Symphonic Wind Orchestra