Early this year, eleven member groups were featured on BBC Radio 3's Saturday Breakfast show. The success of this slot has meant that the initiative has been extended, so we're looking for more Making Music member groups to submit entries. This is a great opportunity to celebrate your group's work and to grow your profile!
What are they looking for?
- High recording performance quality
- Ideally pieces around 3-5 minutes long, but if you have a great recording that is a bit longer, do please still send it in
- Mostly traditional 'classical' repertoire, but they're happy to receive submissions of other genres too (a Swing Band, a Big Band and a Mandolin Orchestra have featured previously)
What else do they need apart from the recording?
Please also send us:
- 100 words on your group/the recording/the piece
- Dates and details of any concerts you have coming up in the next few months
Please send recordings to: Sally Palmer, Making Music, 8 Holyrood Street, London SE1 2EL or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the deadline?
The initiative is now closed.
What format should we submit our recording in?
You can submit:
- a CD
- a USB stick
- electronically online
The preferred electronic format if ripping the audio from a CD is WAV rather than MP3. The quality of your recording will be a strong deciding factor in whether your piece is selected, so please do select the best possible recording.
What if our group's repertoire isn't the right fit for this?
If you have a recording that is high-quality, you're very welcome to send it in anyway: it may be chosen for broadcast, and even if not, we certainly enjoy listening to members' recordings in the office!
We're also on the lookout for opportunities for members, including for other programmes and channels that may prefer non-classical repertoire, so there will be more opportunities in the future.