Your committee is an important part of keeping your group up and running, but at some point people will step down from their roles and you will need to recruit new committee members. How can you make the transition as smooth as possible? And what happens if one of your committee members becomes unavailable or resigns at short notice? How do you plan for this, and keep your committee running smoothly whilst you find a replacement – and what steps can you take to avoid it happening?
In this session, we’ll talk about the practicalities of succession planning and what you should consider in order to ensure your group is able to function smoothly during a period of transition.
We'll talk about:
· The importance of having a (written) succession plan
· Planning for smooth transitions
· Planning for emergency cover
· Keeping the confidence of your membership during times of transition
· Anything else that arises on the topic!
More reasons to come:
· Mingle with other music makers over a refreshment
· An update on new resources and services from Making Music
· Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions