Following on from a past promoter event, Barbara Eifler, Making Music Chief Executive, recaps the importance of promoters and artists managers...
To help some of our smaller promoting groups with the cost of booking professional artists we are introducing a new booking fee subsidy with this year's Selected Artist Guide.
Who can claim and what is it for?
- A £100 subsidy is available towards the booking fee of any of the Selected Artists in the Selected Artist Guide, including the Jazz and Folk selections
- Please note: this does not include the Philip and Dorothy Green Young Artists winners (separate subsidies are available for booking these artists)
- The booking subsidy is only available to promoting groups with an income under £14.5K/year
- There are 35 subsidies available for bookings of artists from each guide (published annually). You can request a maximum of 1 subsidy per group per guide
- Subsidies will be allocated on a first come first served basis (in order of request made, not the date of performance)
- The booking subsidy can be used in conjunction with the Artists Expenses Subsidy
How do you get the subsidy?
- All subsidies must be requested in advance and approved using the online form below
- We will email you to confirm your request has been approved
- Once the performance has taken place send a subsidy payment form to us along with receipts/proof of engagement and we will pay the subsidy