What are the barriers to people engaging with music? We’d like to find out what you think those are and what could be done to remove them.
There is a lot of debate about music education and arts funding at the moment, and the government's 2011 National Plan for Music Education will be up for review soon. But these debates often don't take enough note of issues that affect adult musical activity.
We know members are passionate about music education for under-18s and as life-long learners themselves are aware of the benefits of music (appreciation and participation) for everyone, at all stages of their life.
We want to hear from you about what you think could be preventing people from engaging with music.
We'll talk about:
- What the barriers to music education are
- What action could be taken
- Anything else that arises on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Inform our discussions with other relevant organisations and stakeholders
- Help to us formulate our priorities on the advocacy we undertake on music education
- Make your voice heard!