The One Stop’s ‘Carriers for Causes’ grants programme, administered by Groundwork, is funded through the money raised from the 5p bag charge in One Stop stores in England, Wales and Scotland.
The funding is intended for local not-for-profit organisations that have projects located within two miles of a One Stop store in England, Scotland or Wales.
The grants will cover the direct costs needed to deliver the project which must meet at least one of the programme's outcomes:
- Improving the lives of young people.
- Improving the lives of the elderly.
- Promoting physical activity.
- Improving health or well being.
- Increasing community safety.
- Protecting or improving the local environment.
Non-profit making organisations in England, Scotland and Wales can apply as long as they are constituted and have a governing document.
Maximum grant value is £2,000.