The project is run by Making Music in partnership with Sound and Music, in association with BBC Radio 3, and funded by the PRS For Music Foundation and the Philip and Dorothy Green Trust.
- Adriano Adewale with Horsham Symphony Orchestra
- Christopher Schlechte-Bond with KEMS Concert Band
- Mark Boden with Croydon Bach Choir
- Martin Humphries with London Medical Orchestra
- Rosie Clements with Spectrum Singers
- Shona Mackay with The Glasgow School of Art Choir
- Scottish project: Aran Browning with Strathendrick Singers
Radio 3 broadcasts
Recordings of most of the pieces written through the 2013-16 schemes were broadcast on BBC Radio 3. You can listen to these pieces below and on our Soundcloud page.
Who supports the project?
The project is funded by the PRS for Music Foundation, and run by Making Music in association with Sound and Music.
The PRS for Music Foundation is the largest independent funder for new music in the UK. The foundation provides all the financial backing for the Adopt a Composer scheme.
Please note that groups submitting an application to the Adopt a Composer scheme will not be eligible to apply in the same year to any other scheme operated by The Performing Right Society Foundation.
Sound and Music promotes challenging contemporary music and sound art through a range of projects, incorporating live events, learning, artist development, and digital platforms.
Apply to take part
If you're a Making Music member group or a composer ready to be 'adopted' you can find out more about how to apply for the scheme at the pages below.