Artistic Director and Conductor of Halifax Choral Society
The Board of Management of Halifax Choral Society seeks to appoint a freelance artistic director and conductor, from late 2019 onwards.
The HCS was founded in 1817 and has recently celebrated its unique bicentenary as the oldest choral society in the world with an unbroken record of performance. Over the years, the Society has worked with many eminent orchestras, soloists and conductors.
The HCS is looking to recruit a worthy successor to its retiring Artistic Director and Conductor, John Pryce-Jones. It is desirable that this person will:
- Have successful practical experience of conducting professional orchestras/bands/soloists/large choirs
- Work to maintain and further enrich the high standards of performance of HCS
- Have the knowledge and practical experience to plan concert repertoire in conjunction with the HCS Board of Management, whilst being aware of likely cost constraints
- Conduct the majority of HCS public performances and weekly choir rehearsals
- Support and extend the choir’s drive to recruit new singers
- Have the skills to encourage and develop less experienced voices and to teach vocal technique
- Widen the outreach and appeal of the HCS to build up a wider diversity of new audience members for choral music
- Create a culture and environment for HCS to engage in successful community outreach
Please note: in the event of a suitable candidate coming forward, the above attributes could be modified.
For further details of the post please contact the HCS coordinator: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 30th April 2019