Founded by Dan Goren and launched in 2013, Composers Edition is a unique publishing enterprise, which works to bring composers and performers together, and facilitates and celebrates music making involving contemporary repertoire.
The Composers Edition team is especially focussed on opening up new music to musicians and programmers who might feel uncertain about what and how to programme or commission new work.
Our roster of more than 80 internationally recognised composers come from all over the world, although many live and work in the UK. From BBC Proms to car park performances, concertos for some of the worlds finest soloists to choral works created especially for community choirs, they are a diverse bunch! What they all have in common is a great track record in composing inspiring new musical works for musicians and audiences alike.
Composers Edition has developed a new range of services to help leisure-time choirs, groups and orchestras to programme and commission new music.
- Great repertoire ideas - get in touch, tell us about yourself and we’ll find the most suitable musical works for you
- Affordable parts - never let budgets get in the way of wonderful music experiences
- Publicity - let us help you celebrate your event every time you programme our composers’ works, plus celebratory scores and parts to mark every commission
- Commissioning service - our unique match-making service will help you find the perfect composer
- Find out what our composers are up to in our news section.
Making Music member special offer and discount
Special offer: Partial previews are available for all our works via composersedition.com. Making Music members can preview full scores. Just contact us and we'll send full digital previews of anything from our catalogue.
Discount: Making Music members get a 10% discount on all purchases, hire and commissioning. Use discount code CE-MM-21HSU when checking out online get in touch by phone or email.
Tel: 0330 223 0558
We hope you find this Making Music resource useful. If you have any comments or suggestions about the guidance please contact us. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the content of this guidance is accurate and up to date, Making Music do not warrant, nor accept any liability or responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of the content, or for any loss which may arise from reliance on the information contained in it.