- Hugh Elder Mediation: offering Making Music member groups five hours of free mediation to help resolve COVID-19 related issues, such as venue hire and professional musician engagement.
We know that many of our member groups operate on a tight budget. Working with our corporate members, we’ve collected more than two dozen discounts, subsidies and offers to help our members save on everything from sheet music to booking artists and making recordings.
Lots of the discounts are for individuals too – such as music technology software and instrument insurance – meaning you can pass the benefit on to any individual member of your group. You just need to invite them to register.
Below you can see a list of all our currently available discounts, offers and subsidies with links to find out more about claiming them. If there is a discount your group would find useful that is not lisetd get in touch and let us know.
Music and Drama Education Yearbook: Music Teacher magazine publishes the British Music & Drama Education Yearbook. The all-encompassing guide is packed with thousands of listings for suppliers, retailers, costume and staging suppliers, summer schools and short courses. Members get free access to the digital version of the Yearbook or can order a physical copy at a 12.5% discount.
- Adopt a Composer legacy: re-scored compositions from Adopt a Composer projects since 2017 are available to download and perform for free.
- Hal Leonard - a 15% discount on buying music from musicroom.com
- Discounted music from Choir Community: a 15% discount on sheet music and learning tracks for all genres of choral music.
- Composers Edition: 10% discount on all purchases, hire and commissioning.
- Musica International: members of Making Music have access Musica International's huge database of choral music.
- MusicGurus: 15% discount for online music courses
- Steinberg music software: exclusive discounts on Dorico, Cubase, UR Audio Interface and Steinberg’s wide range of apps.
- 15% off recordings on location with 360 Music: plus pre and post-production services and a special Christmas concert offer.
- Maestro Online: 25% discount for online music courses
- The Choral Hub: 50% discount to join its online Come Sing! Club
- ACS hearing protection: 15-20% discount on ACS custom fit attenuating ear plugs, plus multi-buy discounts on universal fit ear plugs.
- Safeguarding training course: 10% off and multiple booking discounts for the Making Music/Child Protection Company online course, designed specifically for leisure-time music groups.
Available to promoting groups with an income under £14.5K/year:
Promoters Subsidy: up to £100 subsidy available to help with the costs of engaging and putting on a performance of professional artists. The subsidy can be put towards venue hire, artist engagement fee, artist travel expenses, instrument hire or promotional materials.
Available to all Making Music groups:
Subsidies for Philip and Dorothy Green Young Artists: the UK’s top young professional musicians available to engage at affordable rates - subsidies available for in-person events.
- VAT guidance and advice: VAT can be a tricky area for leisure-time groups. Corporate Member, and VAT consultant, Les Howard has written some guidance for us, and offers a free initial consultation to members.
- Take it Away scheme: interest-free loans for buying instruments
- Online ticketing fees: reduced booking fees for Making Music members from Ticketsource and an option to donate to Making Music via WeGotTickets.
We hope you find this Making Music resource useful. If you have any comments or suggestions about the guidance please contact us. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the content of this guidance is accurate and up to date, Making Music do not warrant, nor accept any liability or responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of the content, or for any loss which may arise from reliance on the information contained in it.