In this recording of our guest speaker webinar (original event 19 February 2021), Vick Bain (Interim Director of Strategy at Attitude is Everything) and Rebecca Di Rollo (Drake Music Scotland) discuss creating and running accessible and inclusive music events.
They also look at potential barriers to attending events, and the impact this has on who can be part of your group and who can come to your concerts - and what you can do about it.
Topics covered include:
- Physical and mental impairments
- Inclusive music making environments
- Access tools, such as adaptive instruments and Figurenotes alternative notation system
Further reading and resources:
- Read Take it away's guide to buying adaptive instruments
- Follow Vick on Twitter / Follow Attitude is Everything on Twitter
- Follow Drake Music Scotland on Twitter
We hope you find this Making Music resource useful. If you have any comments or suggestions about the guidance please contact us. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the content of this guidance is accurate and up to date, Making Music do not warrant, nor accept any liability or responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of the content, or for any loss which may arise from reliance on the information contained in it.