In this recording of our guest speaker webinar (original event 19 March 2021), we explored how to make sure you're getting the most out of technology during online rehearsals.
We welcomed David Lake (member of a Making Music group, researcher at the University of Surrey, an Engineering Technologist in the CTO group at Dell Technologies and a contributor to the Internet Engineering Task Force, the standards body of the internet), Robin Simpson (member of the Northampton Symphony Orchestra) and Leon Gower (digital producer for Making Music).
Topics covered include:
- a history of the Internet and how it can be best used for music making
- top tips for rehearsal app Jamulus
- useful equipment suggestions to enhance group sessions
Further reading and resources:
- Read our guides for online rehearsal platforms (SonoBus, JamKazam, Jamulus)
- Follow Leon on Twitter
- Follow the Internet Engineering Task Force on Twitter
- Read REB Holland's resource on creating an RPi computer for use with JackTrip
We hope you find this Making Music resource useful. If you have any comments or suggestions about the guidance please contact us. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the content of this guidance is accurate and up to date, Making Music do not warrant, nor accept any liability or responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of the content, or for any loss which may arise from reliance on the information contained in it.