Many groups have told us that they want to be able to recruit more members, and in particular, to engage better with younger people. Thanks to a legacy left to us by Pauline Thompson, we’ve been able to develop a bank of ideas that can help!
Come along and find out more about the research we’ve done, how you can use it to help your group reach more people of all ages, and how you can still engage with new people even with social distancing guidelines in place.
Who is this event for?
Anyone is welcome to come to this event, but it will be particularly relevant to anyone who looks after your group’s marketing, recruitment, website or social media.
We'll talk about:
- A summary of the research on what motivates under 35 year olds to make music
- Our recommendations of actions you can take within your group to reach out to and recruit more people (of all ages!)
- How you can retain new members in your group once they've joined
- Anything else that comes up on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Hear from other leisure-time music groups about their experiences
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Cost: FREE for members and non-members
Venue and event information:
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
- This event includes participant-led discussion
Expected event schedule:
- 2pm: event begins, introduction and updates from Making Music
- 2.15pm: presentation of main event topic
- 3pm: comfort break
- 3.10pm: presentation continues
- 4pm: event finishes
Please note that timings may vary slightly according to the needs of the group on the day.
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
Making Music reserves the right to cancel an event due to low attendance numbers, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which make it no longer possible to run the event. If you have booked a place and Making Music cancels the event, we will offer you a full refund where applicable.