Being chair of your group can be a rewarding experience, as well as a time-consuming and frustrating one! In this event specifically for chairs of leisure-time music groups, we’ll look at how to approach the role and how to shape it to suit you, your committee and your group.
We'll talk about:
- The legal status of the role
- Different styles of leadership
- Supporting and developing the strategy of your group
- Fostering constructive relationships
- Supporting decision-making
- Anything else that arises on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Mingle with other music makers over a refreshment
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Venue information: (delete any that are not applicable)
- This venue has step free access
- This venue is fully wheelchair accessible
- This venue has a hearing loop available (please request)
- This event will have amplification
- This event includes a powerpoint presentation (Slides are available in advance by request)
- This event will be mainly discussion-focused
We aim to make our events as accessible as possible. If you have any particular accessibility requirements or if there is anything else we can do to help make the event a better experience for you, please let us know.
1 Melior Place
London, SE1 3SZ
Event terms and conditions
Feedback from event