The Making Music Council gives you a chance to have your say on Making Music’s direction of travel. We want to hear your views and ideas about Making Music in general, and provide an opportunity for you to represent the needs of your music group, helping us to ensure we are delivering the right services and opportunities for you.
All Making Music Group Representatives (MM Group Reps) have a place on the Making Music Council and are therefore automatically invited to its meetings. If you are unable to attend, you can nominate another person from your group to attend in your place.
Council meetings are usually held in June/July each year in a number of locations throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. All meetings are attended by at least one member of the Making Music staff and Board of Trustees. Lunch and tea/coffee are provided during the meetings.
A report on each council meeting is shared online soon afterwards, and in the autumn we give feedback on how the council meetings have fed into our plans.
The 2018 council meetings will take place in:
- London – 14 July
- Nottingham – 21 July
- Liverpool – 21 July
- Newport (Wales) - 21 July
- Edinburgh – 21 July
- Exeter – 28 July
- Belfast – September 2018 (date tbc)
Agenda for the 2018 meetings
- Practical services – what do you use, like and want more of? How can we best help your group to thrive?
- Celebrating members and advocating on their behalf – do we do it enough? Do we do it well? What are your most urgent topics to take to government or other policymakers?
- Bring your own questions – your time to raise anything not covered already.