We are a long-established choir of 30-35, SATB, based in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire. We sing a varied, exciting a cappella repertoire of mostly classical music from the Renaissance to the 20th and 21st centuries.
We would like our director to:
- Have experience of choral conducting and/or relevant training
- Have experience of conducting an a cappella choir
- Direct the choir and develop their choral and performance skills
- Develop the blend and balance of the choir
- Have a wide knowledge of choral music both sacred and secular
- Select an appropriate and balanced repertoire for concerts
- Extend and broaden the choir’s repertoire.
- Conduct concerts and direct rehearsals, which are usually held from the last week in August to mid-July
- Demonstrate good organisational skills
- Work with the Steering Group and attend meetings when required
- Have a tactful, diplomatic personality and be able to interact well with the choir in an enthusiastic manner. Rehearsals must be enjoyable!
- Help the choir organise exchanges with other choirs in the UK and Europe
- Be prepared to make a firm commitment to the choir
Visit our website for more details