Making Music is hosting two opportunities over the festive season:
- Making Music Virtual Christmas concert – 15 December 7pm – the last of our 2020 Virtual Concerts – you’re in time to submit a recording (deadline 9am Monday 7 December) or turn up to see the premiere
- Making Music Carol Singalong – 22 December 5pm – so it’s not under the tree in Trafalgar Square, but it will still feature instrumentalists and Carols for Choirs, sign up now to be sent the list to sing along to!
Making Music's corporate members have some great activities too:
- Koor app Christmas Program: Making Music Premium Corporate Member, Koor are offering free online workshops run by professional singers, culminating in live streamed performances. The programme includes; Handel’s Messiah, Beethoven’s and a range English Christmas music from the 20th and 21st Centuries.
- Choir Community Distant-Sing Christmas 2020: Making Music Premium Corporate, Choir Community are bringing back their worldwide virtual choir for some festive performances, with four sessions throughout December.
Here are some other fantastic projects to take part in or watch:
- Messiah – Reimagined – 3 December 7pm – watch the performance being streamed on Youtube or Facebook combining live orchestra and 4 soloists from St George’s Hanover Square (Handel’s church), with the choruses pre-recorded by 5 partner choirs from around the UK and the Sing at home choir of 150 singers from 16 countries!
- Home.Hope.Song – 3 December 7pm – Shelter charity’s virtual carol concert from a candle lit St Martin’s in the Fields, in support of homeless people
- Big Christmas Carol Service – 12 December 6pm – organised by the Royal Schools of Church Music and the Churches Conservation Trust, livestreamed from All Saints in Cambridge, with special guests and soloists. Find out more, get the music and join in, or just tune in to watch
- A Singalong Christmas – 13 December 3pm – organised by the London Symphony Orchestra, free on Youtube
- Big Christmas Wind Orchestra & Choir – 20 December 3pm – for the live performance and play along, or you can still send in your recording (deadline 10pm 9 December)
- Self Isolation Choir Christmas At Home – 20 December 5pm – take part: submission deadline 4 December or attend the resulting performance
- Classic FM listings of Christmas concerts – a full selection of Christmas delights for all from 1-22 December
- Eventbrite has a list of a whole host of other Christmas events