On this page you will find various template documents to help you prepare for GDPR together with links to notes and guidance to help you use them.
Data protection and retention policy
This policy is an internal document that sets out your organisation's approach to using data. It is a set of rules and principles for the people running your group, or working with it, about how to treat data.
Privacy notice and privacy statements
Privacy statements – these contain information that should be available to individuals at the point at which you are collecting their data. You will probably need multiple privacy statements for different people/situations (e.g. one for members, one for volunteers, one for people signing up to a marketing mailing list). They should have clear and simple information about why you are collecting data and how you will use it. They normally also point to more detailed information available in your privacy notice.
- Guidance on privacy notices and statements
- Template privacy notice
- Template privacy statements:
- For existing members (where you have not previously provided privacy statements)
- For new members joining your group
- For people subscribing to a marketing mailing list at an event (paper sign-up form)
- For people subscribing to a marketing mailing list via your website (example wording in our guidance on privacy notices and statements)
- For volunteers/freelancers
We hope you find this Making Music resource useful. If you have any comments or suggestions about the guidance please contact us. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the content of this guidance is accurate and up to date, Making Music do not warrant, nor accept any liability or responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of the content, or for any loss which may arise from reliance on the information contained in it.