Concert promoters, publishers, tour operators and suppliers of other relevant services and products use our Direct Mailing Service as a way to get their message to our audience of music makers and lovers.
How it works
Simply download and complete the order form, return it to us with a cheque and a sample of your mailing piece, and we will provide you with address labels for the mailing you wish to send (please note that we must see a sample mailing before we send you the labels).
The address details provided will be those of our members who have opted in to receive selected, relevant third-party marketing communications.
To see how our membership data break down, and to place your order, please download the Direct Mailing Service order form.
Terms and conditions
Please note: there is a minimum order of £25 for the Direct Mailing Service and to ensure data is used responsibly the following terms and conditions apply:
- Address data is sold for a one-time only use to protect our members from receiving unwanted mail. Data must not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise and cannot be passed on to a third party without the prior permission of Making Music, the National Federation of Music Societies. Any attempt to do so will be deemed to be unfair processing of the data, and as such an infringement of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- So Making Music can effectively monitor material that their members receive, and ensure it is relevant to them, you are required to submit a sample of your mailing with your booking request for approval.
- The mailing you submit for approval must be the exact mailing sent to members. You cannot make any additions or personalise the information once Making Music has approved the mailing.
- Making Music reserve the right to withhold address data if they do not feel the material is suitable for Making Music members. In this instance a full refund minus a £10 admin fee will be issued.
- To ensure the data purchased is current, you must use all letters/labels within two months of receiving the latter/labels.
- Test labels are included and illegal use of labels will be easily detected. If you are found to be in breach of the above conditions you will no longer have access to the Direct Mailing Service.
If you are found to be in breach of the above terms and conditions Making Music reserves the right to:a) deny access to the label service and any other Making Music advertising services.b) contact members whose details we supplied to you and inform them of the misuse of the service.
Any serious or repeated breach of the terms and conditions may result in Making Music contacting the Information Commissioners Office.