Auditions for a new BBC One series will take place this February and the producers are asking for vocal groups of all genres to apply to take part.
About the show
The aim is to bring a contemporary music show to a BBC One Saturday night audience which celebrates a diverse range of music genres.
The producers will invite 30 of the nation’s most exciting vocal groups or choirs from a range of musical genres to take part in a 6 part series – 5 pre-recorded studio heats (with a live band accompanying the groups) and a live final.
Each heat will celebrate the mix of groups and showcase what they do best in a variety of performances – including a showstopper, ‘Pitch Perfect’ style riff-offs, a solo performance and a final showdown. Those groups who make it through their heats will compete in a live final for a cash prize.
What are they looking for?
They are looking for all kinds of groups to take part - Chamber Choirs, A Cappella groups, Jazz, Soul or Hip Hop, Show Choirs, Barbershop groups or Gospel choirs - basically any vocal group or genre.
The audition process is by invitation only and they are aiming for people with great talent who can embrace exciting and ambitious musical arrangements and performances.
The show is open to existing groups or people who would like to form something new – groups can be between 5-25 people (though Barbershop Quartets will be allowed) and all participants must be aged 17+.
- Manchester 18/19 February
- London 25/26 February (possibly additional day 5 March)
- Glasgow 4 March
Pre show rehearsal days:
- Each group will be asked to commit to one day of rehearsals (vocal, choreography, wardrobe fittings etc.). Likely to be either the 14/15 or 21 April (only required for one of these days).
Pre-recorded heats (filmed in Manchester):
- Between 10 - 27 May. Each group will commit 3 days (2 days vocal and full studio technical rehearsals and 1 day show record)
Live final (filmed in Manchester):
- Saturday 15 July. Again a 3 day commitment (2 days rehearsals, 1 day live show).
- Auditions: groups will be asked to cover their own travel and/or accommodation
- Heats and live final: travel and accommodation will be arranged and covered by the production company
How to apply
Auditions will take place in mid-February 2017, so time is short!
In order for your group to be considered, they need a link to a group performance. These can be links from any previous performances uploaded to YouTube or Facebook – or just something you filmed at a rehearsal.