You can use the form below to register for our Orchestra Tax Relief (OTR) claim service.
To register for the service you must be using a separate production company to produce your concerts and claim OTR. You do not have to be using the Making Music model Memorandum & Articles of Association document for your production company.
If your income is over £100K, you cannot register for the service. However, we can point you in the direction of tax specialist who can help – contact us to find out more.
If you are unsure if OTR is for you, or want to find out more about how it works, please read our detailed guidance or watch our OTR webinar recording – and if you have any questions you can contact us.
What does the service include?
- A template spreadsheet for producing your year-end accounts. It is based on our accrual accounting spreadsheet but has extra worksheets and formulas to produce a balance sheet, profit and loss statement and concert costs breakdown (for the OTR claim). This will help you produce accounts for filing with Companies House.
- At the end of your financial year we will help with the OTR calculation and check your accounts before you submit them to Companies House.
- We will compile and submit a Company Tax return (including your OTR claim) to HMRC on your behalf.
When can we register for the service?
We ask that you register for service as soon as possible – ideally once you have set up your production company. Part of the service is using our template spreadsheet – it is much better to do this from the start of your financial year. The sooner you register the sooner you will have the template.
Once you have registered, we will contact you within five working days.
When do I pay for the service?
That’s up to you – you can request an invoice when you register or select to pay at the end of your financial year.
How much does it cost?
- £175 for member groups with income under £21K
- £250 for member groups between £21K and £31K income
- £500 for member groups between £31k and £100K income
(all prices include VAT)