As you think about if – and how – your group should get back to rehearsing in person, your members' views are paramount to the decision-making process.
A survey is a great way to understand how your members feel about returning, and to gauge the mood of your group. To help you with this we have developed an online survey that you can send to your members.
The survey is designed to be relevant to as many performing groups as possible. This means it focuses on the general and not the specific, but we think it will give you some useful data to help your planning.
Some notes on the survey
- The survey is anonymous, but there is an option for people to enter their name if they wish.
- Only the first two questions are required – the rest are optional.
- Different options appear depending on how you answer the question: When the ease of restrictions allows your group to meet again, will you be comfortable returning to rehearsals? Make sure you try all three responses to find out which one best describes how you feel.
- You cannot add, change or remove questions. However you can let us know if there is a question you would like us to add. If enough people request it we will consider adding it.
- The data will be stored in the Making Music website so we will have access to it.
- We will use the anonymous data to help us understand the state of the sector. We will not keep or use any personal data submitted.
How to use the survey
1. Send the below link to you members with whatever message you would like - we recommend you give them a deadline to reply by. As we have groups with similar names please ensure that you provide your members with the name of the group which is registered with Making Music. If you are not sure exactly what this is then please contact us.
It is important that you use the link below, which is an open link, and NOT the link to this page, which you need to log in to view.
2. Once you are ready, contact us and ask for the survey results for your group. We will only send these to an email address registered with your group on our website.
3. We will send you a password protected Excel spreadsheet with the results of your group for you to analyse.